Thanks Bush for finally doing something good! (stimulus checks)
I have been wanting to rip up our carpeting in the basement pretty much since we moved in. The carpeting down there was just dirty and worn. So we decided to finally do it.
Well, I am beginning to see that when you start a major renovation, don't expect it to go as planned and don't expect it to be done nearly as soon as you would like.
We ripped up the carpeting, and thought that we had someone in place to order from and then not only did the guy not show up when he was supposed to, but he quoted us WAY higher than we planned. So now we are trying to work something out with our neighbor, who works for a flooring company, to get something done here. But there still is no end in sight and we've got a completely exposed floor with tack strips everywhere and two very curious kitties.
Then, we decided to paint before we put the new stuff in and bought a color that I absolutely LOVE. Well, it was a textured paint and after we started to put it on the wall we realized that it needed a special roller (not told about) and then we realize after buying that, that the paint only covers about a third of what regular paint covers, (again not told) and I had asked about all of these things and they just said, "nope all you have to do is put it on the wall".
So needless to say, we needed a LOT more paint. So I went over the weekend to buy more and they then tell me that the paint is discontinued!!! All they have left is 2 gallons. Plus to top it off, it's not on sale anymore (huh) and it's now 32 bucks a gallon. YEAH RIGHT.
So, we unfortunately had to nix that beautiful color and go with something else. I think what we are planning to do will work, but I really wish the other color would have worked.
So the work on the basement continues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment