
Head to rump, the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he/she weighs almost 7 ounces. It's busy flexing it's arms and legs — movements that I have definitely already been noticing. The baby's blood vessels are visible through thin skin, and his/her ears are now in their final position. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his/her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after the baby is born. If its a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If its a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them during an ultrasound.
2 weeks until the Ultrasound!!! We have quite a little mover and shaker on board here. Some day's the baby is going nuts in there and then for the next couple of days after that it's pretty quiet. (It must have worn itself out) I am definitely feeling little movements going on in there every day now. I love it! Not too long before Joe will be able to feel it I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment