We probably waited about 6 weeks or so to tell everybody because those first couple of weeks are so uncertain and we didn't want to "jump the gun".
For Joe's 30th birthday I threw him a surprise birthday party with the help of our friends and family. Everyone was at the house waiting for him to come home from golfing and I had been trying all afternoon to not make it too obvious that I wasn't drinking. (which isn't too big of a deal since I really don't drink much)
I knew when Joe got home and realized what was going on he would eventually want to just tell everyone since everybody that was at the house were all people that we would have told first anyway.
Of course, Joe got home and we had the big surprise (which he almost ate it coming down the stairs). After settling in we were both upstairs and he asked me if we just wanted to tell everybody and I told him that it was his party so it was up to him if he wanted to make it about the baby too. So we decided to spill the beans :)
The best part was that we hadn't even told our parents yet :) They had no idea that we were even trying and so I think they were a little blind-sided. On top of it for my parents was that my sister was due with her first in only a couple months. :)
So Joe and I went downstairs and he just made a little speech thanking everyone for coming to celebrate his 30th with him. Joe then said that we had a little announcement to make and he said that we were expecting a little one. So I guess he got the last laugh :)
It was so neat to see the reaction on every one's faces, especially our parents who were in complete shock. (my mother didn't close her mouth for like 10 minutes) I guess we could have told them separately but we are both happy with just surprising everyone.
The next several minutes were filled with hugs and congrats from everyone and then we all just enjoyed the rest of the evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment