Thursday, October 2, 2008

How we found out

I just realized that I never put anything on here about when we found out that God decided to allow us to reproduce. :) (crazy I know)

There's not a whole lot to the story, we decided to start "trying" but that we would just let happen what would happen and not put a whole lot of thought into it. Of course there had to be some planning because of my medical issues over the past year. I went to all of my doctors and told them our plans and discussed everything with them before we even tried. That way we were assured that all of my drugs were okay for me to be on in case I got pregnant.

So about 3 months later I hadn't really noticed any difference just that I'd had some heartburn but I didn't really think anything of it. Because of crazy woman hormones I had no idea when would be the time that I would need to take a pregnancy test.

Well one night, crazy as this sounds, I had a dream that I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. So, when I woke up that morning for work, I decided to go ahead and take one. Right away it showed up that I was pregnant! I couldn't stop shaking or looking at it and then looking at the box to make sure I was reading it right. :)

I immediately turned off the shower and rushed into our bedroom. Joe was still sleeping but startled when I came rushing in so fast. He woke up and asked me what was wrong and I just blurted out "I'm pregnant!"

It took him several minutes to wake up totally and he just kept asking me if I was sure and how the test worked and all kinds of other dumb husband questions. And all he was concerned about at the time was that when I was hugging him, the little stick was just a little too close to his head :)

So, then we collected ourselves, I somehow managed to get myself ready for work and made it through the day.

We had a doctors appointment later that day for me to talk to Dr. Ramos about his diet plan (the one that Joe has done so well on) Joe was just coming along to hear about it so he could decide if he wanted to do it or not.

So when the doctor came in I told him about our news and he of course said, "well, no diet for you". And since Joe still had some reservations about how excited he wanted to get because he wansn't too sure how accurate those tests are, the Doc did a blood test for me.

The doctors office called the next day and said that there was no denying it that I was pregnant. Joe finally let go of some of his denial and the rest is history! :)

No comments: