
Joe and I went to the baby doctor yesterday for my 12 week appointment and so far, so good. We got to hear the heartbeat for the second time. (160 a minute!)
Right now the baby is about the size of a lemon or a little bit smaller. (2 inches long) He/She can suck it's thumb already and can already move around and kick, even though I can't feel it yet.
The baby's brain is getting fine tuned this week as nerve cells are forming all over the place. (the beginning of the smartest child alive are among us)
The baby looks more human now that the eyes and ears have moved into place, and it will start to get it's reflexes here soon too.
Oh yeah, and the baby can pee now too! (apparantly that is what helps them stay afloat in there)
Now that we have heard the heartbeat and I am at three months, the rate of misscarriage goes WAY down! YAY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment